*2022 camp is currently at capacity, but we encourage you write to waitlist in case of cancellations. Thanks for interest!
Connecting kids with nature and fostering enjoyment of the outdoors.
COVID restricitons have finally allowed us to get back on track! The 2022 Youth Outdoors Skills Camp is scheduled for June 25-30th. Please note we have moved to a DAY CAMP format, but we have greatly reduced costs. Camp will run from 0800-1700 daily, though we are looking at options to extend drop-off and pickup times to help with commuters.
Outdoor Skills Camp for kids between the ages of 12 – 15 yrs. This camp is open to boys and girls. The Camp usually runs from just after school is out at the end of June or beginning of July.
We teach the participants:
- the safe handling and proper storage of Firearms.
- the necessary qualifications to obtain their hunter number.
- the ability to obtain a hunting license.
- Standard First Aid certification
- basic map/GPS orienteering skills
- Wilderness survival skills
- an introduction to archery and shooting
Each course is taught by certified and qualified people.
We deliver a program that will give our students a start on the basic skills necessary to survive in the woods. We strive to teach the kids to be better stewards of the environment as well as being responsible, knowledgeable outdoorsmen and women.
UPDATE: Cost is reduced to $200 for Members, $250 for non-Members.