Each year the Chilliwack Fish and Game Protective Association holds a Youth Outdoor Skills Camp for kids
This camp is open to boys and girls between the ages of 12 – 15 yrs. The Camp usually runs from just after school is out at the end of June or beginning of July for a full 7 days.
We teach the participants:
- the safe handling and proper storage of Firearms.
- the necessary qualifications to obtain their hunter number.
- the ability to obtain a hunting license.
- Wilderness first aid skills
- Map/GPS orienteering skills
- Basic canoeing skills
- Wilderness survival skills
Each course is taught by certified and qualified indavidules. The CFGPA delivers a complete program that will give our students the basic skills necessary to survive in the woods as well as on the water. We strive to teach the kids to be better stewards of the environment as well as being responsible, knowledgeable outdoorsmen and women.
UPDATE 2020: Cost is reduced to $350 for Members, $400 for non-Members.